2020 Spring Partnerships Intern - Application due November 25Apply for this job
Location: Cambridge, MA [MIT Campus]
Solve seeks a Partnerships Intern for the winter/spring 2020 season (January-June) to be placed on Solve's Partnerships Team. Option to extend internship through summer.
MIT Solve advances lasting solutions from tech entrepreneurs to address the world’s most pressing problems. Solve is a marketplace for social impact: we find tech entrepreneurs from around the world and broker partnerships across our community to scale their innovative work—driving lasting, transformational change.
Solve's Partnerships team manages sponsorships and prizes as well as relationships with Solve advisors, select members of the MIT Solve community, and prospective sponsors and partners. The Partnerships intern supports the Partnerships team with the following: research, writing, editing, Salesforce reports, data entry, invitation strategy, branding, logistics, event preparation, sponsorship decks, and more. Notably, this intern will be involved with preparations for Solve's flagship event in May 2020 - Solve at MIT - which takes place on the MIT campus.
Former intern testimonial: "MIT Solve was my first co-op [internship] in fall 2018, and an exceptional one! Solve interns kick-start projects with social entrepreneurs across the globe and look for partnerships that accelerate their impact. The other co-ops and I were given a tremendous variety of opportunities and encouraged to attend inspirational events on and off campus. While the work environment is quiet and cheerful, the Solve team is serious about taking action on big problems, constantly planning the next phase in the work cycle. You will both get to see the fruition of your work at a high-level event and take part in launching improvements to the next steps. I've come out of Solve with a refined sense of my career path and how I can contribute value to the world, especially in communications and sustainability. At the same time, I have a broader understanding of health, economics, and education from work with the other teams at Solve." - Jaya, former MIT Solve co-op, placement on both Sustainability and Communication teams
Successful co-ops are those who take initiative, like to problem-solve, and are ready to dive into an all-hands-on-deck environment.
- Increase the base of prospective partners for the Solve community, among leading corporations, foundations, and high net worth individuals
- Strategically research and outreach to a variety of audiences
- Create and update materials for upcoming events and meetings
- Research, enter, track, and process data from a variety of sources to Salesforce
- Ensure the consistency of branded materials in presentation, invitation, correspondence, and outreach materials
- Participate in the preparation and on-site execution of Solve's flagship convening -- Solve at MIT, on the MIT campus in May
- Support Partnerships team as needed
Qualifications and Skills: Great Solve Interns:
- Have strong written and oral communication skills and an exceptional eye for detail
- Take initiative, like to problem-solve, and are ready to dive into an all-hands-on-deck environment
- Are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and platforms
- Are proactive when working on projects that are not fully scoped; know when to ask questions
- Have the project/task management capabilities to prioritize responsibilities
- Maintain professionalism, especially with external stakeholders
- Previous internship experience
- Experience with Salesforce, project management systems, and PowerPoint
- Experience with external facing stakeholders and/or VIP constituents
Current students and recent grads with academic backgrounds in Business, Finance, Marketing, Sales, or Communications are encouraged to apply, although those with different backgrounds are also welcome to apply. Regrettably, Solve is unable to provide sponsorship for international students, so intern applicants must be legally able to work in the US. Interns are paid $15/hour. Interns must commit to a minimum of 15 hours/week of work at the office and be able to start promptly on January 8, 2020. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply: To apply, send a resume and 1 page cover letter to email@example.com by November 25th at 11:59PM ETApply for this job