2021 January-June Community Team InternsApply for this job
Location: Remote/Cambridge, MA
Solve seeks 2 Community Team Interns for the winter/spring 2021 season (January-June).
Solve Intern - Community Team: An internship with Solve is designed to provide individuals the opportunity to work in a growing initiative at MIT, with a strong impact mission. Solve interns are crucial to the success of Solve’s and the Community team’s work. They join two of Solve’s four pillars: Health, Learning, Sustainability and Economic Prosperity, and have the opportunity to take part in cross-pillar tasks and projects. Please indicate pillar preference, if any, in your cover letter. The internship is an opportunity to deepen understanding about the social impact sphere and actors, master the basics of community management, and gain knowledge of CRM tools in the process.
- Increase the base of prospective members for the Solve community, among leading corporations, foundations, and non-profit organizations
- Monitor Solve’s community in the media and develop ideas for engagement
- Support the creation and deployment of effective personalized digital communication, including identification of potential leads through research, memo creation, and monitoring and reporting on the progress and effectiveness of each campaign
- Strategically outreach to a variety of audiences, including members, judges, prospective applicants, students, and the general public
- Research and process data from a variety of sources to customer relationship management (CRM) databases
- Provide support on team programs, based on interest and need, around: monitoring & evaluation, data visualization, marketing/communication content and platforms, and reporting
- Review solutions submitted by innovators across the world on Solve’s open innovation platform for Solve Global Challenges and partner challenges
- Take part in the preparation and execution of Solve's community convenings, including Challenge Design and Solveathon workshops, on and off campus
- Participate in the preparation and on-site/remote execution of Solve's flagship convening -- Solve at MIT in May
Qualifications and Skills: Great Solve Interns:
- Have strong written and oral communication skills and an exceptional eye for detail
- Take initiative, like to problem-solve, and are ready to dive into an all-hands-on-deck environment
- Are enthusiastic about learning new technologies
- Are proactive when working on projects that are not fully scoped; know when to ask questions
- Have the project/task management capabilities to prioritize responsibilities
Applicants should be 18+. Applicants must be legally able to work in the US. Interns are paid $15/hour. Interns must commit to a minimum of 15 hours/week of work at the office (32 hours/week maximum) and be able to start promptly on January 12, 2021. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Testimonials "MIT Solve was my first co-op in fall 2018, and an exceptional one! The other co-ops and I were given a tremendous variety of opportunities and encouraged to attend inspirational events on and off campus. While the work environment is quiet and cheerful, the Solve team is serious about taking action on big problems, constantly planning the next phase in the work cycle. I've come out of Solve with a refined sense of my career path and how I can contribute value to the world, especially in communications and sustainability. At the same time, I have a broader understanding of health, economics, and education from work with the other teams at Solve." - Jaya, 2018 Solve Co-op, Sustainability & Communication teams
“I did a little bit of everything: researching potential partnerships, and designing support materials. I even co-ran my own event with a fellow intern! My supervisor was one of the best I could have asked for – she constantly encouraged me to take initiative and even trusted me to own projects.”
- Jamie, 2017 Solve Co-op, Learning team
To apply: To apply, send a resume and 1 page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for this job