2021 January-June Data InternApply for this job
Location: Remote/Cambridge, MA
MIT Solve seeks a data co-op to be placed on Solve's Community team, which works within 4 core Solve pillars: Health, Sustainability, Learning, & Economic Prosperity.
Solve: Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. Solve is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT's innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact.
Solve Intern: An internship with Solve is designed to provide the opportunity to work on a growing team at MIT with a strong impact mission and deepen understanding about the social impact sphere and actors, master the basics of community management, and gain knowledge of CRM tools in the process.
Solve Data Intern Responsibilities:
- Increase the base of prospective members for the Solve community, among leading corporations, foundations, and non-profit organizations
- Monitor Solve's community in the media and develop ideas for engagement
- Support the creation and deployment of effective personalized digital communication, including identification of potential leads through research, memo creation, and monitoring and reporting on the progress and effectiveness of each campaign
- Strategic outreach to a variety of audiences, including members, judges, prospective applicants, students, and the general public
- Research and process data from a variety of sources to customer relationship management (CRM) databases
- Help inform the team's strategic direction by analyzing data on membership, community engagement, and Solver impact
- Improve the efficiency of Solve's work by assisting in data cleaning, configuring and customizing new technology, and user experience testing
- Provide support on team programs, based on interest and need, around: monitoring & evaluation, data visualization, marketing platform, and reporting
- Review solutions submitted by innovators around the world on Solve's open innovation platform for Solve Global Challenges and partner challenges
- Participate in the preparation and on-site/remote execution of Solve's May event, Solve at MIT
Qualifications and Skills - Great Solve Data Co-ops:
- Are comfortable manipulating and interpreting data and numbers
- Are enthusiastic about learning new technologies, and can pick up on them quickly with minimal direction
- Are curious about social innovation and entrepreneurship
- Have strong written and oral communication skills and an exceptional eye for detail
- Take initiative, like to problem-solve, and are ready to dive into an all-hands-on-deck environment
- Are proactive when working on projects that are not fully scoped; are comfortable asking questions to clarify things
- Can prioritize responsibilities with project/task management capabilities
- Have prior experience with Salesforce, Hubspot, and Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
Applicants should be 18+ and be legally able to work in the US. Interns are paid $15/hour, can work up to 32 hours/week, and should be able to start remote work promptly on January 12, 2021.
Former intern testimonial:
"MIT Solve was my first co-op [internship] in fall 2018, and an exceptional one! Solve interns kick-start projects with social entrepreneurs across the globe and look for partnerships that accelerate their impact. The other co-ops and I were given a tremendous variety of opportunities and encouraged to attend inspirational events on and off campus. While the work environment is quiet and cheerful, the Solve team is serious about taking action on big problems, constantly planning the next phase in the work cycle. You will both get to see the fruition of your work at a high-level event and take part in launching improvements to the next steps. I've come out of Solve with a refined sense of my career path and how I can contribute value to the world, especially in communications and sustainability. At the same time, I have a broader understanding of health, economics, and education from work with the other teams at Solve."
- Jaya, former MIT Solve co-op, placement on both Sustainability and Communication teams
To apply: To apply, send a resume and 1 page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for this job