Community CoordinatorApply for this job
Location: Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) that advances lasting solutions from tech entrepreneurs to address the world's most pressing problems. Solve issues four Challenges each year across its pillars—Economic Prosperity, Health, Learning, and Sustainability—to find the most promising Solver teams who will drive transformational change. Solve then deploys its global community of private, public, and nonprofit leaders to form partnerships these Solver teams need to scale their impact. Joining the Solve team offers the chance to play a leading role in defining this cutting-edge and diverse community.
The Community Coordinator will report to the Managing Director, Community Team. S/he will be responsible for coordinating the Community Team’s activities related to invitation and event management as well as all data related to relationship management of the community and its members.
The Community Coordinator will:
- Grow Solve’s membership base by researching, identifying, and approaching prospective Solve members across all four pillars (Health, Learning, Economic Prosperity, and Sustainability)
- Manage, prepare, and communicate all member-related materials (welcome templates, registration forms, etc.) in a timely manner
- Create and manage dashboards and reports in Salesforce that will be useful to the Solve team, working closely with team members to define dashboard/report parameters
- Manage and execute events invitation and status process; monitor and report metrics in a timely manner, including as they relate to events invitation, registration, and other useful data; integrate and maintain the Cvent application as it relates to events
- Work with Solve senior staff to develop training, internally communicate database best practices, and oversee their implementation
- Maintain and improve the Salesforce database by: creating and communicating data cleanliness guidelines; conducting and/or prompting periodic data cleaning; noting and resolving data and security issues; uploading data as needed; and reviewing and implementing changes to the user interface based on team member requests
Minimum Required Skills:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience, preferably in project/data management, research, and/or coordination
- Proven ability to manage CRM databases
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
- Strong writing, organizational, and self-management skills
- Sense of responsibility, self-motivation, and flexibility
- Extremely detail-oriented, with a sense for user interface aesthetics
- Ability to manage multiple projects and function effectively under pressure
- Creative mind for new ideas and problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs 15351. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job