Content ProducerApply for this job
Location: Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. Solve is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT’s innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact.
The Solve Content Producer will serve as content curator for Solve’s annual flagship events, Solve at MIT and Solve Challenge Finals, by ensuring timely, engaging, and relevant programming for in-person and virtual experiences. The Content Producer will also produce and edit content for Solve’s website, newsletters, media articles, marketing materials, and more. This role offers the unique opportunity for a creative and compelling storyteller to highlight Solve’s work, the incredible Solver teams we support, and the partnerships we create within and outside our community to drive innovation to solve world challenges.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Content for Events
- Serve as the content producer for Solve’s key events, including Solve at MIT and Solve Challenge Finals, by developing and leading content development and event programming, including topic and speaker research, speaker recruitment, and management;
- Write scripts for announcements and speeches;
- Work with speakers and moderators and write briefings and conduct briefing calls for speakers and moderators;
- Oversee the content portions of the Master Production Schedule for Solve’s events, serving as a keen eye to plan out minute by minute content of the events;
- Work closely with Solve’s event production company and other Solve staff to ensure successful coordination of programming and production;
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Online content
- Manage Solve’s editorial calendar, including articles, announcements, and key content campaigns;
- Serve as the primary staff writer and editor for the Solve community, including articles for website, newsletters, media, website copy, marketing materials, event invitation copy and more;
- Oversee guest and freelance writers, and videographers for Solve’s videos.
- Style Guide and Copyediting
- Manage and update the Solve style guide and Solve evergreen marketing materials;
- Serve as a copy editor across Solve’s teams and collateral for style and content.
Supervision received from the Communications and Marketing Director, Solve.
Vendors and freelancers.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, with at least 2 years of content production experience
- Experience managing global event content and working with high-level speakers
- Portfolio of writing samples that demonstrate relevant interest areas and a proven writing and editing skillset
- Experience in a startup and/or social impact environment preferred
- Proven interest in international development and global affairs
- Proven ability to edit and copywrite for others with high attention to detail
- Highly developed communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and handle projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize and plan work in an efficient manner to meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and able to work independently, take initiative, and anticipate needs
MIT Solve is committed to inclusion and diversity to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, Requisition #18749. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job