Coordinator, Marketing and EventsApply for this job
Location: Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. Solve is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT’s innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact. Join Solve on this journey at solve.mit.edu.
Joining the Solve team offers a unique change to join an entrepreneurial team to drive innovation to solve world challenges and support social entrepreneurs and social impact leaders in advancing their work.
Solve is seeking a Coordinator for Marketing and Events who will support the marketing team with a variety of projects, including email campaigns and world-class in-person and virtual global events to further build and engage Solve’s diverse community of impact leaders.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing events on Solve’s website as well as content and production for digital event platforms;
- Promoting Solve’s global open innovation Challenges by editorializing and sending Solve MailChimp marketing emails/social media posts/other digital assets;
- Designing and maintaining public collateral;
- Overseeing all speaker logistics for flagship events; collaborating on the provision of research, outreach, and coordination of event processes for speakers;
- Serving as the key relationship manager for event speakers;
- Maintaining relevant event speaker records in Salesforce;
- Evaluating and reporting on event-related data;
- Vetting potential Solve event speakers;
- Developing and maintaining the master production schedule;
- Contributing to broader event-related activities, e.g., emails, registration, attendee management, and data cleaning;
- Planning, overseeing, and facilitating meetings; and supporting ad-hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, event management, public relations, or other relevant area;
- At least two years’ project management/digital marketing experience; experience with complex, high-level, global in-person/virtual events;
- Experience with digital marketing platforms, including MailChimp/HubSpot;
- Strong organizational, management, problem-solving, interpersonal, teamwork, and verbal and written communication skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail.
The Coordinator, Events and Marketing must be able to manage registration platforms, online form tools, and CRM databases (e.g., Salesforce); work independently; manage multiple projects simultaneously; function effectively under pressure; and manage and build relationships with key stakeholders, including high-level speakers and their staff.
MIT Solve is committed to inclusion and diversity to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse our team is, the better we can achieve our mission of solving world challenges.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, reference #19057-6. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job