Digital Marketing OfficerApply for this job
Location: Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. Solve is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT’s innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact.
MIT Solve seeks a Digital Marketing Officer to support our mission of advancing lasting solutions from tech-based social entrepreneurs to address the world’s most pressing problems. The Digital Marketing Officer will help creatively tell the Solve story to external audiences, in particular as it relates to Solve’s Strategic and Partners Programs (that implements partner challenges) and Solve Innovation Future (a first in kind philanthropic venture fund), two newer programmatic verticals with distinct audiences. The ideal candidate will have experience with email marketing and social media, will be data driven, proactive, and have a passion for results.
- Generate communications plans for each partner challenge based on deliverables in contract and ensure timeline is aligned with Solve’s overall editorial calendar, social media calendar, and other.
- Act as the point person for partner challenge promotion via Hubspot and Mailchimp to prospective applicants, including responding to technical support inquiries related to these challenges.
- Track applications and other key data and update the teams regularly on progress.
- Manage email marketing workflows within Hubspot for all partner challenges for prospective clients and applicants, aligned with Solve’s guidelines and calendars.
- Generate Strategic and Partners Programs and Solve Innovation Future leads through inbound marketing, advertising and content-promotion partnerships.
- Use analytics to advise on SEO-focused writing to increase traffic generated by content.
- Manage social media outreach for partner challenges and ensure all social engagement is in line with Solve’s guidelines. Manage paid promotion for partner challenges.
- In coordination with relationship manager on Strategic and Partners Programs team and Director of Marketing and Communications, liaise with partner’s marketing team on press releases, editorial features, blog posts on Solve website or newsletters, and any additional marketing needs. Develop social/media kits for each client program as needed.
- Grow and manage Solve’s email newsletter “The Marketplace” (about Solve’s open Challenges), working with colleagues to compile and schedule content, maintaining newsletter best practices and collaborating across the Solve team to input timely, relevant content.
- Contract and manage video production deliverables as they relate to contracted scope of work for partner challenges (i.e. video editing of pitch videos, marketing videos, etc.)
- Manage marketing efforts, including email and social media, to support the Solve Innovation Future team in raising awareness around the Fund and supporting lead generation.
- Keep Solve website up-to-date for anything related to partner challenges, including judges, deadlines, and call for applications.
- Generate creative ideas and solutions to drive relevant Solve website visitors through social media and email campaigns, during events and year-round.
- Monitor and track analytics through a monthly digital report to inform digital marketing strategy for the two programmatic areas of focus.
- Provide recommendations and actions on how best to improve results and continuously grow lead generation via inbound and outbound strategies.
- Work with Solve’s Director of Marketing and Communications and other stakeholders to set the overall strategy for Strategic and Partners Programs and Solve Innovation Future digital community and presence.
- Manage volunteers, vendors, and consultants as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum five years of experience spanning digital and online engagement and audience development, with an emphasis on email programs and marketing campaigns.
- Experience with programs similar to HubSpot and Salesforce.
- Experience with both organic and paid social media, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram preferred.
- Expert in email marketing strategy, including audience acquisition and engagement.
- Experience in project management a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, cross-functional, team-based, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and solve problems independently.
- Organized, thorough, detail-oriented, diligent, and focused on quality and productivity for the tasks at hand.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to distill complex data into clearly communicated findings for non-technical audiences.
- A commitment to Solve’s mission, alignment with our values, and personal and professional integrity.
As an MIT Solve employee, you are eligible for a number of benefits, perks, and discounts, including:
- $50/month cell phone bill reimbursement
- Transportation: Free, unlimited subway and local bus use, and subsidies for MBTA station parking and the commuter rail; Subsidized annual BlueBikes membership ($40, regularly $99); MIT Bicycle Commuter Reimbursement Program (up to $300/year)
- Free access: Institute of Contemporary Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and more
- Tuition assistance: Up to $5,250 per calendar year for eligible employees
- Time Off: 12 paid holidays and special Institute holidays (including Juneteeth and Patriots’ Day). 3 weeks of paid vacation your first year; 4 weeks after your first year
- Retirement: MIT Pension Plan with full vesting after 3 years; MIT will match up to 5% of your pay in contributions to the 401(k) Plan
- Healthcare: comprehensive healthcare coverage, including fitness reimbursements through enrollment in an MIT medical plan, free counseling sessions through MIT MyLife Services, and hormone therapy/gender-affirming surgery
- MIT Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Backup Child Care benefit
MIT Solve is committed to inclusion and diversity to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse our team is, the better we can achieve our mission of solving world challenges. Meet our team.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply: To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, reference #20569-8. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job