Events Program DirectorApply for this job
Location: Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) that advances lasting solutions from tech entrepreneurs to address the world's most pressing problems. Solve issues four Challenges each year to find the most promising Solver teams who will drive transformational change. Solve then deploys its global community of private, public, and nonprofit leaders to form partnerships these Solver teams need to scale their impact. Joining the Solve team offers the chance to play a leading role in defining this cutting-edge and diverse community.
The Events Program Director at MIT Solve will:
- Spearhead program content strategy and lead the event operations team, including the execution of all of its events
- Report to the executive director and supervise a small team of events and program staff
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop content strategy and content modules for events, plan schedules, and draw up and execute work-plans for multivenue campus event activities
- Deliver world-class events while maintaining a strict budget
- Oversee the staff and production team producing world-class events, including the flagship Solve at MIT in May and other major events
- Oversee vendor selection, including production partners, hotels, venues, and caterers; and managing staff and consultants
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and build a movement to address the biggest issues of our time.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred)
- At least eight years' project management experience
- At least two years' experience managing a team of staff, developing content, and producing world-class events
- Proven ability to deliver high quality, multimillion dollar, multivenue events, preferably focused on social and environmental impact
- Proven ability to effectively brief and build relations with world-class speakers and personalities
- Ability to speak the language of academics and policy makers
- Experience working in a complex multilayered environment with multiple stakeholders
- Highly developed organizational and management skills
- Ability to prioritize, make decisions, and plan work in an efficient manner to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; and strong verbal and written communication skills
- A background in STEM and technology would be a plus
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs 15846. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job