Finance and Operations AdministratorApply for this job
Location: Remote/Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. Solve is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT’s innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact. Join Solve on this journey at solve.mit.edu.
Joining the Solve team offers a unique change to join an entrepreneurial team to drive innovation to solve world challenges and support social entrepreneurs and social impact leaders in advancing their work.
The Finance and Operations Administrator, at Solve will provide operational/finance support and schedule management to the Executive Director and Associate Director of Finance, Solve. Additionally, will assist with the overall administration, including all accounting, finance, reporting, and budget management. This position will also manage multiple competing priorities and will work collaboratively with Solve and MIT colleagues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
Financial Management Responsibilities
- Gathering, analyzing, and interpreting relevant financial data.
- Evaluating and optimizing financial controls and procedures.
- Advise staff regarding financial activities and support the coordination of streamlining processes for improving operational efficiency amongst the team.
- Managing the accounts receivable process.
- Overseeing various Solve accounts with the timely payment of invoices, initial set-up, change request of PO’s, collecting and filing vendor and contractor work and close-outs.
- Keeping records of invoices as well as reviewing and processing reimbursements.
- Performing fiscal budget preparation and advise on budget discrepancies
- Identifying financial liabilities and adhering to compliance guidelines
- Resolving account discrepancies and performing account reconciliations.
- Preparing financial reports, including forecast and year-end projections
- Keeping abreast of VPF’s regulatory requirements and best practices in financial administration.
- Authorizing expenditures within department limits, with final approval from the Associate Director of Finance and Administration.
- Assist the Associate Director of Finance and Administration, with improving financial controls within the organization. Streamline processes and procedures for improving operational efficiency of finance reporting and budgeting.
- Manage office operations, including any new employee onboarding, office supply requests, and other projects as needed.
- Provide scheduling & calendar management support to the Executive Director, Solve, including scheduling and organizing meetings with staff, senior leadership, and external contacts.
- Prepare and schedule internal Solve meetings, prepare related presentation decks, organize meeting set up; plan and execute staff events and order catering when necessary.
- Manage the Executive Director’s e-mail as needed; Coordinate domestic and international travel, including flights, hotels, and meeting venues.
- Record and track contacts in Salesforce from meetings or events.
Qualifications & Skills:
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a similar field.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a financial administrator, or similar.
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software, such as SAP and Oracle.
- In-depth knowledge of financial controls and accounting standards.
- Extensive experience in financial reporting.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superb organizational and time management abilities.
- Great collaboration and communication skills.
- Proficient in Windows Microsoft Suite.
- Team player willing to take on additional responsibilities to ensure team success.
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, reference #19422-7. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job