Financial CoordinatorApply for this job
Location: Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) that advances lasting solutions from tech entrepreneurs to address the world's most pressing problems. Solve issues four Challenges each year to find the most promising Solver teams who will drive transformational change. Solve then deploys its global community of private, public, and nonprofit leaders to form partnerships these Solver teams need to scale their impact. Joining the Solve team offers the chance to play a leading role in defining this cutting-edge and diverse community.
Solve seeks a highly numerate, analytical, and organized Financial Coordinator to perform a number of financial and administrative duties.
Financial responsibilities include:
- advising staff on financial activities
- assisting with budget development and submission
- creating and maintaining financial systems, including budget and proposal tracking
- monitoring internal chargebacks, reviewing applications for procurement card and corporate cards, and researching and resolving swept credit card charges
- forecasting account balances
- managing delinquent travel expenditures/vouchers
- preparing expense reports/reimbursements
- overseeing the timely payment of invoices
- coordinating the preparation, review, and submission of month- and year-end financial reports
- authorizing expenditures within department limits
- managing accounts receivable
- collaborating on improving financial controls and streamlining processes/procedures
- working on special projects/proposals as requested.
Administrative responsibilities include:
- scheduling and calendar management in support of Solve's executive director
- scheduling and preparing for meetings
- managing the executive director’s e-mail
- coordinating travel
- preparing briefing documents and talking points for the executive director’s event appearances/talks
- managing some office operations, e.g., new employee on-boarding, office supply requests, etc.
- recording and tracking contacts in Salesforce from meetings or events.
This is a full-time position, located in Cambridge, MA. The Financial Coordinator, Solve will report to the Finance and Operations Director.
Minimum Required Skills
- bachelor’s degree
- at least two years’ experience in an operations/finance administrator or similar role
- strong interpersonal, collaboration, time management, and verbal and written communication skills
- meticulous attention to detail
- ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, take initiative, and function effectively under pressure
- high-level proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office
- ability to manage registration platform, online form tools, and CRM databases (e.g.,Salesforce)
- discretion with confidential information.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, reference #16538. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job