Marketing CoordinatorApply for this job
Location: Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. Solve is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT’s innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact.
MIT Solve seeks a Marketing Coordinator to support our Marketing and Communications team in increasing awareness of the Solve mission and impact. The primary responsibilities of the position are to support Solve’s Marketing team in a variety of projects, with a focus on social media campaigns, to help further build and engage Solve’s diverse community of impact leaders.
- Manage and grow Solve’s social media accounts to reach many more challenge applicants, prospective donors and social impact enthusiasts and broaden Solve’s reach. Includes social moderation and tracking across all platforms.
- Look for new opportunities and innovative ways to engage with our audiences across each platform, following industry best practices and trends.
- Schedule all content (social, email, articles) within Hubspot.
- Support and review the creation of all data tracking, analytics and reporting across marketing and communications, and use the data to continually improve content.
- Support team in keeping Solve’s website up to date for articles, events, job postings, and other content-related edits and updates.
- Generate marketing collateral using brand guidelines as needed including short social videos, and provide design support for collateral production as needed. Keep collateral up to date.
- Write comprehensive communications and marketing for events, including marketing emails, social media posts, ads, and speaker toolkits, to help drive registration, attain new audiences, and raise awareness pre-, post-, and during events.
- Manage and support on Global Challenge related Help Desk requests, escalating to and looping in internal stakeholders as needed.
- Support Solve’s Marketing and Communications Director on other ad-hoc projects, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum two years’ experience in project management or digital marketing.
- Strong background in paid and organic social media management, growth, and analytics, specifically on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Experience and interest in digital marketing platforms including Hubspot.
- Knowledge of Powerpoint, Canva, and other design and publishing softwares.
- Strong follow up skills to ensure timely delivery of long-term tasks.
- Excellent time management skills. Ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, cross-functional, team-based, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and solve problems independently.
- Organized, thorough, detail-oriented, diligent, and focused on quality and productivity for the tasks at hand.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A commitment to Solve’s mission, alignment with our values, and personal and professional integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or other relevant area required.
As an MIT Solve employee, you are eligible for a number of benefits, perks, and discounts, including:
- $50/month cell phone bill reimbursement
- Transportation: Free, unlimited subway and local bus use, and subsidies for MBTA station parking and the commuter rail; Subsidized annual BlueBikes membership ($40, regularly $99); MIT Bicycle Commuter Reimbursement Program (up to $300/year)
- Free access: Institute of Contemporary Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and more
- Tuition assistance: Up to $5,250 per calendar year for eligible employees
- Time Off: 12 paid holidays and special Institute holidays (including Juneteeth and Patriots’ Day). 3 weeks of paid vacation your first year; 4 weeks after your first year
- Retirement: MIT Pension Plan with full vesting after 3 years; MIT will match up to 5% of your pay in contributions to the 401(k) Plan
- Healthcare: comprehensive healthcare coverage, including fitness reimbursements through enrollment in an MIT medical plan, free counseling sessions through MIT MyLife Services, and hormone therapy/gender-affirming surgery
- MIT Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Backup Child Care benefit
MIT Solve is committed to inclusion and diversity to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse our team is, the better we can achieve our mission of solving world challenges. Meet our team.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply: To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, reference #20570-6. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job