Officer, Digital MarketingApply for this job
Location: Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. Solve is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT’s innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact. Join Solve on this journey at solve.mit.edu.
Joining the Solve team offers a unique change to join an entrepreneurial team to drive innovation to solve world challenges and support social entrepreneurs and social impact leaders in advancing their work.
Solve is seeking a Digital Marketing Officer to visually and creatively tell the Solve story to external audiences in support of its mission of advancing lasting solutions from tech-based social entrepreneurs to address the world’s most pressing problems. Will collaborate on setting overall strategy for Solve’s digital community and presence and oversee its digital efforts; maintain Solve’s website and collaborate on the implementation of new features; lead Solve’s email program with a focus on attracting more qualified leads through targeted communication, relevant content, and marketing campaigns; manage marketing efforts, including email and social media; grow CrowdSolve (Solve’s primary newsletter), Marketplace (touts Solve’s open Challenges), and member and solver-dedicated newsletters; monitor/track analytics; and manage volunteers/vendors/consultants; and perform related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least five years’ experience spanning digital and online engagement and audience development, with an emphasis on email programs and marketing campaigns, business development, sales, and/or marketing;
- Two years’ experience analyzing complex data on email, social media, and website campaigns;
- Experience with organic and paid social media, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram, and Search Engine Optimization best practices;
- Experience with programs similar to HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Salesforce and with managing a website and/or development vendors;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail
The Digital Marketing Officer must be able to work independently and collaboratively; take initiative and anticipate needs; and prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience designing and rolling out inbound marketing strategies;
- Experience in a social and/or environmental impact organization;
- Interest in social impact and marketing trends;
- Experience in sales, business development, or nonprofit development
MIT Solve is committed to inclusion and diversity to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse our team is, the better we can achieve our mission of solving world challenges.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, reference #19056-8. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job