Officer, Economic Prosperity CommunityApply for this job
Location: Cambridge, MA
Solve is seeking an OFFICER, ECONOMIC PROSPERITY COMMUNITY, Solve Economic Prosperity Pillar, to handle the recruitment of and relations with exceptional leaders from private, public, and nonprofit organizations whose expertise and interests align with Solve’s Economic Prosperity pillar; support the design of new and manage existing Solve Challenges; program events; and support Solver teams through facilitated funding, mentorship, and partnership brokering.
- Managing relations with leaders to engage them with Solve and its community;
- Collaborating on planning and executing physical and virtual events to support other Solver teams and solve the challenges; sourcing potential sponsors/partners;
- Participating in facilitating human-centered design thinking workshops and other Solve activities;
- Promoting new/existing Solve Challenges across the Solve community and extensive networks for targeted outreach to find the most promising Solver teams;
- Database maintenance;
- Managing interns and volunteers;
- Converting leads and prospects to paying Solve members; and
- Brokering partnerships between Solver teams and Solve community leaders and creating partnerships to advance the growth of selected solutions.
Solve is an MIT initiative and a marketplace for social impact innovation with a mission to solve world challenges. Joining the Solve team offers a unique chance to play a critical role in shaping, engaging, and growing this cutting-edge and diverse community.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least two years’ experience, including at least one in fund-raising, relationship management, or nonprofit business development;
- Desire to work in a hands-on, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and initiative; and
- Project management training or experience.
- Master’s degree in an area relevant to Solve’s work and experience in a social and/or environmental impact organization.
MIT Solve is committed to inclusion and diversity to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse our team is, the better we can achieve our mission of solving world challenges.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, reference #18850-7. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job