Officer, Economic Prosperity CommunityApply for this job
Location: Cambridge, MA [MIT Campus]
Solve is an initiative of MIT that advances lasting solutions from tech entrepreneurs to address the world’s most pressing problems through open innovation. Within each of Solve’s pillars—Learning, Health, Economic Prosperity, and Sustainability—a specific, actionable challenge is announced each year calling for solutions from anyone, anywhere. Solve’s current cycle of challenges includes: Community-Driven Innovation, Early Childhood Development, Healthy Cities, and Circular Economy.
Solve is seeking an Officer to join its team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in developing, growing, and engaging the Solve community, made up of private, public, nonprofit, and academic leaders in Economic Prosperity. You will engage startups and entrepreneurs, supporting them through incubation, mentorship, and partnership brokering. You will also create an exciting community of diverse, cross-sector, cross-geography leaders relevant to Economic Prosperity that you will recruit and manage relationships with. You will also take part in planning and facilitating global Solve community events.
- Research, engage, and recruit private, public, and nonprofit leaders who are expert in relevant topics to create a community of excellent, diverse, cross-sector, cross-geography leaders interested in social impact and innovation
- Support the creation and deployment of effective development campaigns, including identification of potential leads through research, creation of memos and background research, relationship management and engagement, and monitoring and reporting on the progress and effectiveness of each campaign.
- Help maintain personalized digital communication to various types of organizations, developing communications materials, and managing a calendar of events
- Manage and monitor progress and effectiveness of outreaches, propose ongoing improvements to community expansion, communication and workflows
- Cultivate and engage with interested potential partners to identify potential mutually beneficial connections to Solve’s work
- Work with other team members as needed on planning and executing events that bring together the community physically and virtually to support Solver teams and build durable relationships
- Promote new and existing challenges across the Solve Community and extensive networks for targeted outreach to reach the best potential Solver teams
- Report on all developments; maintain and update community databases, including Salesforce and Hubspot
Minimum Required Skills:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, with some experience managing relationships and partnerships
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and an exceptional eye for detail.
- Take initiative, like to problem-solve, and ready to dive into an all-hands-on-deck environment.
- Highly developed organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize and plan work in an efficient manner to meet deadlines
- Must be flexible, a problem solver, take initiative and anticipate needs
- Natural team players with ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree
Beneficial Skills & Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in an area relevant to one of Solve’s four pillars: Sustainability, Health, Learning, or Economic Prosperity
- Experience in sales, marketing, or nonprofit development
- Experience in social and/or environmental impact organization
- Prior experience with CRM database software (Salesforce and HubSpot)
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, reference #18014-7. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job