Officer, Economic ProsperityApply for this job
Location: Remote/Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. Solve is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT’s innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact. Join Solve on this journey at solve.mit.edu.
Joining the Solve team offers a unique chance to join an entrepreneurial team to drive innovation to solve world challenges and support social entrepreneurs and social impact leaders in advancing their work.
Solve is seeking a Community Officer to work on Solve’s Economic Prosperity pillar. The Officer plays a key role in developing, growing and engaging the Solve community. Working with the Lead, Economic Prosperity Community, they notably handle the recruitment of and relations with exceptional leaders from the private, public, and non-profit organizations whose expertise and interests align with the Economic Prosperity pillar. They will support the design of new Solve Challenges and manage existing ones, program events, and support Solver teams through facilitated funding, mentorship, and partnership brokering.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and build a movement to address the biggest issues of our time. This is a full-time position, located in Cambridge, MA. The Officer will report to the Lead, Economic Prosperity Community.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Research and recruit private, public, nonprofit, and academic leaders who are expert in relevant pillar to create a community of excellent, diverse, cross-sector, cross-geography leaders relevant to the Economic Prosperity pillar
- Manage relations with above leaders to engage them with Solve and its community, including invitation to events, logistics of their participation, invoicing, and connections to other leaders and Solver teams
- Build the Economic Prosperity community and contribute to Solve financial sustainability by converting leads and prospects to paying Solve members
- Broker partnerships between Solver teams and Solve Community leaders and create partnerships to advance the growth of selected solutions
- Work with other teams across Solve on planning and executing events that bring together the community physically and virtually to support Solver teams and solve the challenges
- Source potential sponsors and partners to develop customized partnerships with Solve, including hosting Solve events; sponsoring Solver teams; and participation in the full innovation cycle
- Take part in the facilitation of human-centered design thinking workshops and other Solve activities in person and virtually with the Solve Community
- Promote new and existing Solve Challenges across the Solve Community and extensive networks for targeted outreach to find the most promising Solver teams
- Maintain and update customer relations management databases
- Report to the Lead, Economic Prosperity Community. Support the Managing Director, Community as needed
- Manage interns and volunteers as needed
Minimum Required Skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience, minimum 3 preferred, with at least 1 years’ experience in fundraising, relationship management or nonprofit business development
- Desire to work in a hands-on, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, handling multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Highly developed organizational and prioritization skills, interest in working in a start-up culture
- Must be flexible and able to work independently, take initiative, and anticipate needs
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in an area relevant to Solve’s work preferred
- Experience in social and/or environmental impact organization preferred.
- Project management training or experience
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, reference #19437-7. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job