Officer, ProspectingApply for this job
Location: Remote/Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. Solve is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT’s innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact.
Joining the Solve team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a passionate and entrepreneurial team, and work at the heart of innovation in a thriving inclusive environment. At Solve, we drive innovation to solve world challenges and support social entrepreneurs and social impact leaders in advancing their work.
MIT Solve is seeking an Officer to support our mission of advancing lasting solutions from tech entrepreneurs to address the world’s most pressing problems. The Officer will help fulfill our mission by growing our membership and partners base: the organizations and people who fund Solve and collaborate with our innovators, with Solve, and with each other to advance social impact. The Officer will build and optimize systems and processes for generating and attracting qualified leads, nurturing them, and working with Relationship Managers to convert them to members and partners. This role is central to helping Solve scale its impact. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in fundraising, sales and marketing tactics as well as automation, with mastery of CRM such as Salesforce and Hubspot, process-oriented and data-driven, a quick learner, and excited to think creatively about how to bring Solve’s member recruitment to the next level. This role will report to the Director of Community Operations.
- Lead Solve’s outbound prospecting efforts. Identify, attract, qualify, nurture and convert leads for Solve members and partners.
- Act as the frontline representative for Solve with prospective members, activating leads through calls, events, and networking, and appropriately handing over prospects to colleagues across the organization for relationship management.
- Create, test, and refine automated and personalized email workflows and campaigns to reach out to, nurture, and convert leads. Qualify leads through automated tailored email segmentation workflows to convert them into warm leads. Analyze results and calibrate as needed.
- Optimize conversion rates by continuously testing and improving outreach strategies, as well as by identifying critical conversion points and drop-off points and optimizing membership funnels.
- Collaborate with other relationship managers to ensure timely and effective communication with existing community Members through audience segmentation, and automated and personalized workflows.
- Work with the Marketing Team to understand the continuum between inbound and outbound marketing, extract learnings, and create processes to optimize that continuum.
- Deeply understand Solve’s various products and programs, communicate them effectively to prospects, and provide feedback to colleagues on market response.
- Measure and continuously track how community activities and communications build Solve’s membership pipeline, convert leads to members, and contribute to revenue. Analyze trends over time to provide insights and actionable recommendations on how best to improve engagement, renewal, and maximize revenue.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in fundraising, sales or non-profit development
- High level of proficiency with CRM, Salesforce and/or Hubspot preferred
- Self motivated, with a results and data-driven approach
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, cross-functional, team-based environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to distill data into actionable insights
- Alignment with Solve’s values, and personal and professional integrity
As an MIT Solve employee, you are eligible for a number of benefits, perks, and discounts, including:
- $50/month cell phone bill reimbursement
- Transportation: Free, unlimited subway and local bus use, and subsidies for MBTA station parking and the commuter rail; Subsidized annual BlueBikes membership ($40, regularly $99); MIT Bicycle Commuter Reimbursement Program (up to $300/year)
- Free access: Institute of Contemporary Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and more
- Tuition assistance: Up to $5,250 per calendar year for eligible employees
- Time Off: 12 paid holidays and special Institute holidays (including Juneteeth and Patriots’ Day). 3 weeks of paid vacation your first year; 4 weeks after your first year
- Retirement: MIT Pension Plan with full vesting after 3 years; MIT will match up to 5% of your pay in contributions to the 401(k) Plan
- Healthcare: comprehensive healthcare coverage, including fitness reimbursements through enrollment in an MIT medical plan and a number of free counseling sessions through MIT MyLife Services
This is a full-time position. While the team is currently working entirely remotely, starting this fall Solve team members will generally be expected to spend some days each week in-person in Cambridge, MA.
MIT Solve is committed to inclusion and diversity to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse our team is, the better we can achieve our mission of solving world challenges.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, reference #20043-7. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job