Officer, Strategic & Partner ProgramsApply for this job
Location: Remote/Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. Solve is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT’s innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact. Join Solve on this journey at solve.mit.edu.
Joining the Solve team offers a unique change to join an entrepreneurial team to drive innovation to solve world challenges and support social entrepreneurs and social impact leaders in advancing their work.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Act as primary point of contact for external clients and manage client programs, especially as it relates to custom Partner Challenges, including but not limited to: leading challenge stategy and ideation, judge recruitment, challenge promotion and application support, selection, communications, logistics and programming, and facilitating workshops and events.
- Handle correspondence with clients to engage them with Solve and its Community, including by managing and sharing project plan deliverables, event invitations, invoicing, and connections to other leaders
- Research and develop relationships with potential clients who would be interested in running open innovation challenges, and contribute to Solve's revenue generation by converting them into Strategic & Partner Programs clients
- Support Manager, Strategic & Partner Programs in proposal development and contract negotiations, in collaboration with MIT’s Office of the General Counsel or Research and Administration Services
- Work with other teams across Solve on planning and executing projects and events that bring together clients and Solve’s community in-person and virtually
- Facilitate human-centered design thinking workshops and other Solve activities in-person and virtually with the Solve Community
- Promote new and existing custom Partner Challenges across the Solve Community and beyond, including through targeted outreach, to find the most promising applicants
- Support backend management of Solve’s open innovation platform including building out Partner Challenge landing pages and applications, creating judges and reviewer profiles, assigning judges to challenges and solutions, etc.
- Maintain Salesforce database records including creating reports, inputting data, and data cleaning.
- Support Solve’s Strategic & Partner Programs team on other ad-hoc projects, as needed.
- Report to Manager, Strategic & Partner Programs
- Support Director, Strategic & Partner Programs as needed
- Manage coordinator, interns, and volunteers as needed
Qualifications & Skills:
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, with at least 1 years’ experience managing relationships and partnerships
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize and plan work in an efficient manner to meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and able to work independently, take initiative, and anticipate needs
- Bachelor’s degree required
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in an area relevant to Solve’s work
- Experience in social and/or environmental impact organization
- Experience in sales or nonprofit development
- Project management training or experience
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, reference #19765-7 . No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job