Partnerships ManagerApply for this job
Location: Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. Solve is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT’s innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact. Join Solve on this journey at solve.mit.edu.
Joining the Solve team offers a unique change to join an entrepreneurial team to drive innovation to solve world challenges and support social entrepreneurs and social impact leaders in advancing their work.
The Partnerships Manager will serve a key role in driving significant revenue for Solve to realize its mission. Working closely with the Head of Partnerships, the Partnerships Manager will build and manage Solve’s pipeline of prospect sponsor and donor opportunities, and execute Solve’s overall fundraising strategy, including lead generation, prospect outreach, writing and tailoring proposals, closing deals, managing relationships, renewing, reporting, and more.
- Initiate and close $100,000-$1million+ sponsorships, grants, gifts and other funding from corporations, foundations, multilateral institutions, governments, and high net worth individuals to support Solve's operating expenses and Solve prize funding;
- Build and manage Solve’s pipeline of opportunities, identifying viable prospects and performing due diligence on prospects;
- Design and deploy prospecting campaigns in Hubspot;
- Represent Solve at conference and other events to identify prospects;
- Manage day-to-day prospecting and relationship activity (calls, emails, meetings);
- Design customized sponsorship pitch decks, proposals, and packages;
- Research, identify, and prepare grant applications and prepare partnership agreements;
- Deliver best-in-class service to sponsor delegates, Solve advisors, MIT Corporation members, and others at Solve events;
- Design and manage a systematic outreach and relationship cataloguing and reporting system in Salesforce;
- Collaborate with the Community team and other Solve teams to identify Solve Members which can be converted to sponsors
- Support the Head of Partnerships as needed
Minimum Required Skills:
- A minimum of five years’ experience with at least three years’ experience in business development, fundraising, and partnership development experience, preferably for social impact and/or nonprofit organizations
- Strong record and proven ability to effectively build relationships with world-class corporate, foundation, and individual donors and sponsors and to design and deliver sponsor packages of $100,000-$1m+
- Extensive contacts with relevant corporations, foundations, and individuals that can be utilized immediately
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and anticipate needs
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong project management, verbal and written communications skills
- Prior experience working with HubSpot, Salesforce or other CRM strong plus
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, fundraising, marketing, or other relevant area
MIT Solve is committed to inclusion and diversity to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse our team is, the better we can achieve our mission of solving world challenges.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs #18754. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job