Product ManagerApply for this job
Location: Cambridge, MA
Solve is an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with a mission to solve world challenges. Solve is a marketplace for social impact innovation. Through open innovation Challenges, Solve finds incredible tech-based social entrepreneurs all around the world. Solve then brings together MIT’s innovation ecosystem and a community of Members to fund and support these entrepreneurs to help them drive lasting, transformational impact.
Solve seeks a Product Manager to support our mission of advancing lasting solutions from tech-based social entrepreneurs to address the world’s most pressing problems. The Products Manager will ensure the smooth integration, customization, and operation of all technological systems and platforms at Solve. This includes Salesforce, Hubspot, and the website. In addition, the Products Manager will be the primary person responsible for managing Solve’s proprietary platform where entrepreneurs submit applications to the innovation Challenges, and judges review, rate and comment on those applications. The ideal candidate will be experienced in product management, have a passion for seamless digital experiences, and a desire to work in a mission-driven environment. This role will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Oversee maintenance, customization and development of Solve’s website and platform to meet the needs of Solve’s internal teams, and deliver a seamless experience to Challenge applicants submitting solutions on Solve’s platform, judges reviewing and selecting solutions, as well as Partner Challenge clients.
- Partner with Solve’s web development agency and Director, Community Operations to create and manage a product road map of the platform that aligns with Solve’s mission. Build understanding of internal cross-team needs, collaborate with other stakeholders across Solve to respond to their needs.
- Lead an agile iterative development process for improving the Solve website and platform. Manage relevant Solve platform and product sprints, and prioritize tickets to build and maintain Solve’s platform. QA test new product developments.
- Take a data-informed and user-centric approach to product evolution by integrating performance metrics, customer service feedback, and other key indicators to translate user needs and colleague requests to inform product development and improve the website user experience.
- Lead Solve’s internal technology group and identify cross-team solutions related to the suite of technology used across Solve. Continually identify opportunities to improve team productivity through technology, identifying efficiencies, opportunities for automation and system improvements.
- Serve as Solve’s primary Salesforce Hubspot administrator. Maintain and continuously improve data systems to ensure efficiency and data cleanliness.
- Work with Solve senior staff to develop relevant training on technology platforms, internally communicate best practices, and oversee their implementation.
- Evaluate and onboard new technology services for the team at large.
- Manage vendors and interns as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in product management. Some experience in systems architecture, information management, and client management preferred.
- Work effectively in a cross-functional, highly collaborative environment, and balance long term strategy with short term trouble shooting.
- Able to learn and solve problems independently.
- Able to distill complex information into clearly communicated recommendations for non-technical audiences
- For infrastructure, experience with Amazon S3, Amazon CloudFront, and Heroku preferred
As an MIT Solve employee, you are eligible for a number of benefits, perks, and discounts, including:
- $50/month cell phone bill reimbursement
- Transportation: Free, unlimited subway and local bus use, and subsidies for MBTA station parking and the commuter rail; Subsidized annual BlueBikes membership ($40, regularly $99); MIT Bicycle Commuter Reimbursement Program (up to $300/year)
- Free access: Institute of Contemporary Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and more
- Tuition assistance: Up to $5,250 per calendar year for eligible employees
- Time Off: 12 paid holidays and special Institute holidays (including Juneteeth and Patriots’ Day). 3 weeks of paid vacation your first year; 4 weeks after your first year
- Retirement: MIT Pension Plan with full vesting after 3 years; MIT will match up to 5% of your pay in contributions to the 401(k) Plan
- Healthcare: comprehensive healthcare coverage, including fitness reimbursements through enrollment in an MIT medical plan, free counseling sessions through MIT MyLife Services, and hormone therapy/gender-affirming surgery
- MIT Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Backup Child Care benefit
MIT Solve is committed to inclusion and diversity to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more diverse our team is, the better we can achieve our mission of solving world challenges. Meet our team.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
To apply: Please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, reference #20622-9. No phone calls or recruiters, please.Apply for this job