What is the name of your solution?
HOW TO BUILD EQUITABLE HEALTH SYSTEMS.
Provide a one-line summary of your solution.
Being intentional for getting things done via proper management processes eg Planning, Implementation and Evaluation will improve Health Care System.
What specific problem are you solving?
The specific problem within the Challenge am working to solve is HOW WE CAN BUILD AFFORDABLE,ACCESSIBLE AND HIGH QUALITY HEALTH SYSTEMS THAT SERVE EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE.
THE SCALE OF THE PROBLEM:
In Nigeria alone for example, the latest World Health Organisation survey ranks Nigeria Healthcare system as the fourth worst in the world, and is not surprising where there is no effective ambulance services or a simple toll-free number, like 999 to call in an emergency.
Poor people constitutes about 70% of the Nigerian population. They lack access to basic health services, which social and financial risk protection should provide, because they cannot afford it. Other vulnerable population including pregnant women, children, refugee and elderly population are highly at risk of poor healthcare system all over the world.
FACTORS CONTRIBUTING TO PROBLEM RELATED TO MY SOLUTION:
The following are problem contributing to poor Healthcare System globally:-
1. Poor planning in Healthcare System.
2. Lack of implementation and evaluation of Healthcare services.
3. Lack of proper collection and monitoring of Healthcare data.
4. Lack of skills by healthcare practitioners.
5. Poor attitude of Healthcare workers towards rendering of health services.
6. Lack of setting of goals and commitment to ongoing evaluation.
7. Lack of connection and collaboration with other organizations.
What is your solution?
My solution on how we can build affordable, accessible, and high quality Healthcare system that serve everyone, everywhere focus on the following:
1. Management Resources:- This include manpower, money and materials.
2. Management Processes:- This means that there must be adequate planning, implementation and evaluation of project.
3. Attitude of Healthcare personnel to patients.
To build our Healthcare system globally, management process should be a continuous cycle of activity that begins with planning through implementation to evaluation and back to planning. The plan should have the following:
1. A smart objectives.
2. Activities to be carried out.
3.Standard procedure for activities.
4. Individual responsible for each task.
5. Time of execution and completion of each task.
6. Resources to be used and detailed budget.
Planning process should be classify clearly base on the following:
1. Flexibility: Is the project going to take fixed-rigid or rolling and continuous process?
2. Duration: Is the duration going to be long-term, medium or short- term?
3. Nature and scope: This include the following:
a) Strategic plan: Those going to be responsible for policy formation, setting of goals and evaluation of the task should be plan.
b) Operational plan: Supervision of task should be plan, example supervising daily activity, services output, scheduling performance monitoring and activity.
Planning is define as a process of selecting goals and objectives and determining how best to achieve them.
Before commencement of a project, the cycle of planning must be consider as well which include the following:
1. Organising for planning: This include mobilizing and deploying resources in an orderly manner to achieve an objective. Community for the project should be consider best on pressing need, and this can be done through community informant or directly engaging the community members.
2. Situation analysis: The problem to be solve must be known. The next step should be the type of Healthcare System to establish for affordability, example a community with lower class population can not afford Healthcare service in teaching hospital and so to improve affordability and accessibility, a Primary Health Care System should be establish in such communities.
3. Ranging priority: This is where the cause of the problem be address and also improve ideas of prevention.
4. Setting objectives: The objective must be specific, measurable and be within a time bound.
5. Specification of technical intervention: This could be done through the use of grant chart to measure expenses, time and amount.
6. Constant analysing and specification of strategies.
7. Selection of strategies to use.
8. Detection of programme and resource specification.
This involve organising, staffing, leading and control of the project.
Organising: This involve recruiting and deploying resources to achieve a common goal.
Staffing: This ensure the right number and kinds of personnel at the right place performing those functions to achieve its objectives.
Leadership: This involves setting leadership that has the ability to influence people to work sustained zeal towards achievement of goals through developing good interpersonal relationship between managers, Healthcare team and other workers.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OF THE PROJECT:
There must be ongoing watchfulness on project to ensure work is done according to planned objective set within time allocated and with resource provided. Monitoring may also involve data collection to measure performance against the standard of the project.
There must be assessment of value of an object of interest to detect successes, failure and weaknesses of a health programme or activity.
There should be financial risk protection and financial delivery of services fairly and equitably on a sustainable basis.
ATTITUDE OF HEALTHCARE PERSONNEL TO PATIENTS:
In building our Healthcare system, health workers-patient relationship should be improve in other to allow patient freely access Healthcare services everywhere.
Who does your solution serve, and in what ways will the solution impact their lives?
THE TARGET POPULATION:
The target group of health promotion materials can be almost anyone: children, adolescents, employees, men, women, the old, the young and so on. Campaigns are much more effective if they are targeted at a specific group and tailored to meet that group's needs. When the solution provided to a community is base on pressing need for example affordable and accessible Healthcare System which allow them to easily Healthcare services anytime, their need is addressed.
How are you and your team well-positioned to deliver this solution?
For effective and profitable Healthcare system in communities with pressing needs to be instituted globally, we have taken responsibility to listen to the patients as a primary customers to better their healthcare experience.
WHAT WE DO TO UNDERSTAND THE COMMUNITIES NEEDS AND HOW WE ENGAGE THEM AS WE DEVELOP THE SOLUTION:
We go into the communities to survey, distribute questionaires, engage the community leaders and also ask individuals on their most serious challenge in the community. It is not enough to establish a Healthcare System thus, we also encourage the community on accessing Healthcare services through public awareness, engaging the community leaders, Imam and pastors to also educate the people on healthcare services.
HOW THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SOLUTION MEANINGFULLY GUIDED BY THE COMMUNITY INPUT, IDEAS AND AGENDA.
First of all, the solution should be accepted by the community before implementation is instituted. If the solution is not accepted by the community, all effort to offer a solution will be aborted. When a solution is accepted by the community, they will contribute positively to the solution by showing a location to site the project, mobilizing people and support the solution.
Which dimension of the Challenge does your solution most closely address?
Build fundamental, resilient, and people-centered health infrastructure that makes essential services, equipment, and medicines more accessible and affordable for communities that are currently underserved;
Where our solution team is headquartered or located:Lagos, Nigeria
Our solution's stage of development:Pilot
How many people does your solution currently serve?
According to the latest World Health Organization survey that rank Nigeria as the fourth worst Healthcare System, i look forward to make sure that my solution influence my community and the world at large.
Why are you applying to Solve?
WHY I APPLY TO SOLVE:
Being a problem solver has been my dream and goal all the way which gives me joy and keep me active in my world.
BARRIERS AND HOW SOLVE CAN HOPE TO OVERCOME:
We can overcome financial barrier by proper management processes and limitation of wastage. Cultural barrier is a major challenge of health in some communities especially in the North where women for example can not assess health services without the permission of their husbands even in situation of prolonged labour. Cultural barrier can be overcome by educating Church leaders, Imams and community leaders on important and benefit of Healthcare Services, and risk of not assessing Healthcare services, to further educate their communities and organisations on important and risk of not assessing healthcare services.
In which of the following areas do you most need partners or support?
Monitoring & Evaluation (e.g. collecting/using data, measuring impact)
Who is the Team Lead for your solution?
The Team Lead is Noel Shaskan.
What makes your solution innovative?
For a solution to have an enabling and positive impact in any organisation it must have a concrete Management Processes which include Planning, Implementation and Evaluation. When a project is perfectly planned, adequately implemented and evaluated to measure performance against the standard of the project already established, get feed-back on deviation against the standard if any and correct the deviation so that the objectives of the project be achieve.
What are your impact goals for the next year and the next five years, and how will you achieve them?
My impact goals is that at the end of my project, i expect the following:-
1. Healthcare Services should be significantly better.
2. Communities with low knowledge of accessing Healthcare Services be fully educated and benefiting.
3. Communities with new Healthcare System be fully equipped and functional.
4. Patient-Healthcare provider relationship be improve.
5. Increase Healthcare Service accessibilty.
6. Consistency on the positive standard of Healthcare System established.
7. Durability of the Healthcare System.
These will be achieve through setting of monitoring and control system as well as data collection.
How are you measuring your progress toward your impact goals?
The indicator i am using to measure the progress and impact of my solution are:-
1. Education on prevailing Health problem and method of control
-This measures the proportion of the population with access to media outlets and also the level of adult literacy to Health activities.
2. Immunization against majorly communicable diseases:
-This measures the proportion of children accessing Healthcare services.
3. Maternal and child Health:
-This measure the percentage of deliveries attended by skilled Health personnel.
-Proportion of pregnant women receiving antenatal care.
-Proportion of women receiving family planning advice or using modern family planning method.
What is your theory of change?
The theory of change in my solution to have a long-term impact is as follows:
INPUT: ( PLANNING -> IMPLEMENTATION-> EVALUATION)-> OUTPUT: ( EQUIPPED AND FUNCTIONAL HEALTHCARE SYSTEM, AND IMPROVE KNOWLEDGE OF ACCESSING HEALTHCARE SERVICES IN THE COMMUNITY)->OUTCOME: ( STANDARD HEALTHCARE SYSTEM, IMPROVE STANDARD OF LIVING, ACCESSIBLE HEALTHCARE SERVICES BY EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE).
In order to support the existence and strength of my theory of change, i will like to set a system of control which will establish a standard to make sure that work is done according to objectives set. Secondly i will also use an indicator system to measure the value or worth of the solution.
Describe the core technology that powers your solution.
The core technology that powers my solution is data collection which may be in these forms:
-Surveys. Surveys are physical or digital questionnaires that gather both qualitative and quantitative data from subjects.
-Interviews and Focus Groups.
-Social Media Monitoring.
Which of the following categories best describes your solution?
A new application of an existing technology
Please select the technologies currently used in your solution:
Which of the UN Sustainable Development Goals does your solution address?
In which countries do you currently operate?
In which countries will you be operating within the next year?
What type of organization is your solution team?
For-profit, including B-Corp or similar models
How many people work on your solution team?
Am the only one that work on the solution.
How long have you been working on your solution?
What is your approach to incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusivity into your work?
Today's model of Healthcare System has persistent challenges and culture competency, racial, gender and ethnic disparities. In view of this, the following approach will be use to incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusivity into my work:
1. By creating a Welcome Environment, Foster an environment of inclusiveness in every area possible.
2. Address Issues of Bias Quickly and Openly.
3. Gear programms to recruit and retain diverse staff members. 4. Promote cultural competence in Healthcare system, as well as cultural competence training for healthcare provider.
5. Use of interpreter services to ensure that individuals from differentl backgrounds can effectively communicates.
What is your business model?
My business model is market intermediary where i provide services to my clients to help them access market and allow them stay and work in their community.
Do you primarily provide products or services directly to individuals, to other organizations, or to the government?Individual consumers or stakeholders (B2C)
What is your plan for becoming financially sustainable?
To become finantially sustained in my business, i will engage in selling of products, services charges, collection of mentorship fee, grants and donations.