Drive Investments to Solver Teams
Direct catalytic investments in Solve's diverse portfolio of early-stage social entrepreneurs
Solve Innovation Future is a groundbreaking philanthropic venture fund that directs catalytic investments in early-stage social entrepreneurs solving the world's most pressing problems. Organized as a donor-advised fund (DAF) with MIT Solve serving as the donor-advisor, it will raise $30 million over time from philanthropic donors through tax-deductible gifts to MIT.
The DAF makes debt and equity investments in Solver teams selected annually through Solve’s open innovation Global Challenges. Returns from investments are reinvested into future Solver teams, creating a pay-it-forward mechanism for social entrepreneurs and a renewable philanthropic vehicle for donors.
As a first-of-its-kind dedicated venture fund structured as a DAF, Solve Innovation Future will serve as a model for other DAFs, philanthropic donors, and impact investors interested in building the field of social impact investing and unlocking more capital towards early-stage social ventures globally.
Solve Innovation Future’s first investments include three innovative Solver teams that were featured at the Investor Showcase during Virtual Solve at MIT 2020. Watch this video below to learn more.
Contact Casey van der Stricht, Principal, if you are interested in donating to Solve Innovation Future.
- ImpactAlpha: MIT Solve Rallies to Provide Bridge Loans and Revenue-Based Financing
- PRESS RELEASE: MIT Solve Announces Initial Solve Innovation Future Investments
- Stanford Social Innovation Review: Using Donor-Advised Funds to Invest in Early-Stage Entrepreneurs
- Fast Company: Why MIT’s Social Tech Incubator is Launching an Investment Fund
- Forbes: MIT Solve Enables Tech Entrepreneurs To Conquer Global Social Challenges
- MIT News: MIT Solve Convenes Leaders to Scale Global Social Impact
- Crunchbase: MIT Startup Announces Plans For $30M Solve Innovation Fund
- PRESS RELEASE: MIT Solve Announces Launch of Solve Innovation Fund
- PRESS RELEASE: MIT Solve, a Marketplace for Social Impact, Appoints Casey van der Stricht to Lead Solve Innovation Fund
- MIT Innovation Initiative: Donor-Advised Funds: An Underutilized Philanthropic Vehicle to Support Innovation in Science and Engineering
Photo: Adam Schultz / MIT Solve