Drive Investments to Solver Teams
Solve Innovation Future is a groundbreaking philanthropic venture fund that will direct catalytic investments in early-stage entrepreneurs solving the world's most pressing problems.
Organized as a Donor-Advised Fund (DAF) with MIT Solve serving as the donor-advisor, Solve will raise $30 million over time from philanthropic donors through tax-deductible gifts to MIT.
Solve Innovation Future makes debt and equity investments in Solver teams selected annually through Solve’s open innovation Global Challenges. Returns from investments will be reinvested into future Solver teams, creating a pay-it-forward mechanism for entrepreneurs and a renewable philanthropic vehicle for donors.
As a first-of-its-kind dedicated venture fund structured as a DAF, Solve Innovation Future will serve as a model for other DAFs, philanthropic donors, and impact investors interested in building the field of social impact investing and unlocking more capital towards early-stage social ventures globally.
Contact us if you are interested in contributing to Solve Innovation Future.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review: Using Donor-Advised Funds to Invest in Early-Stage Entrepreneurs
- Fast Company: Why MIT’s Social Tech Incubator is Launching an Investment Fund
- Forbes: MIT Solve Enables Tech Entrepreneurs To Conquer Global Social Challenges
- MIT News: MIT Solve Convenes Leaders to Scale Global Social Impact
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy: Donor-Advised Funds Grow in Popularity as Tools for Impact Investing
- Crunchbase: MIT Startup Announces Plans For $30M Solve Innovation Fund
- PRESS RELEASE: MIT Solve Announces Launch of Solve Innovation Fund
- PRESS RELEASE: MIT Solve, a Marketplace for Social Impact, Appoints Casey van der Stricht to Lead Solve Innovation Fund
- MIT Innovation Initiative: Donor-Advised Funds: An Underutilized Philanthropic Vehicle to Support Innovation in Science and Engineering