Groundwater is one of the world’s most precious resources, and it’s frequently overutilized. To ensure growing urban populations have access to high-quality water -- without overtaxing underground water tables -- Eesavyasa developed an innovative water treatment, Nano-Emrion.
Unlike reverse osmosis technology, which wastes nearly 50 to 70 percent of water and uses chemicals, Nano-Emrion is a zero-waste, zero-chemical purification invention. Eesavyasa’s technology purifies water from chemical and microbial contamination while preventing unnecessary groundwater depletion. It can be deployed in local plants with 10,000 liters per day for $20,000 or in an industrial setting with 1 million liters per day for $3 million.
- India alone represents a total water treatment market of over $20 billion.
- Globally, over three billion people lack access to reliable treated water.
- Effluent treatment is increasingly mandated, but existing options are relatively energy-intensive and expensive.
- Implemented in 600 rural villages throughout India for community water access
- Pilot-scale plant with aluminum smelting plant (1 million liters/day) operational for six months
- Patents filed in India
- Launch new pilot in Sri Lanka for treatment capacity of 20,000 liters per day for 800 families
- Expand industrial pilots to commercial scale and seek new orders
- Increase organizational capacity to handle an expanded pipeline of orders
Eesavyasa’s current partnerships include:
- Combined treatment plant for pharmaceutical companies is under construction, delivery date in six to seven months
- Ongoing R&D partnership with Hindalco to develop technology for aluminum effluent treatment
- Impact investors for additional deployment, with a focus on African and Sri Lankan communities
- Industrial projects or partners in emerging and developed economies
- Connections within academia to improve technology and drive further research
- Dr. Venkata Chamala Anil MBBS MRCGP MSc exMBA CEO/Partner, Eesavyasa technologies PVT Ltd (Samhita Life Sciences)