Hear the Pitch
There are two key problems in education around the globe. First, many students don’t meet required learning standards. Second, educators spend the majority of their time on administrative tasks such as grading and data tracking—time not spent personalizing learning and improving the quality of instruction.
Century’s AI-based platform personalizes learning to overcome the traditional one-size-fits-all model of education. As students learn on Century, every click, score, and interaction is recorded. Artificially intelligent algorithms identify knowledge gaps, understand how students learn, and customize the most effective learning pathway for each student.
Furthermore, Century automates administrative tasks, such as routine assessments, monitoring progress, and generating progress reports—giving educators more time for planning and teaching. Easy-to-use dashboards provide instant access to detailed learning data at an individual and class level to assess student performance. With these resources, Century is helping pave the way to a world in which every child achieves their full potential.
- The global Learning Management System (LMS) market is expected to grow to US $18 billion by 2025.
- Over 1 million UK students were in underperforming schools in 2016.
- A 2018 UK poll found that 80 percent of teachers were considering leaving the profession due to excessive workload. By using Century, teachers save up to six hours per week—giving them more time to focus on their students.
- Awards: Mayor’s Fund Highest Growth Award 2018, Global AI Awards 2017 Winner, Learning Awards Silver Winner 2017, TechCrunch Disrupt London 2016 Finalist, Solve Teachers & Educators Prize, and more
- Entrepreneurship networks: Wayra
Partnerships help Century develop its technology and strategy. Currently, Century works with:
- University College London for machine learning development and pedagogy advice
- University of Leeds for diagnostic and cognitive research
- Capita, the largest software supplier to UK schools
- Whole Education, a network of more than 300 UK schools driving innovation in education
Century seeks to achieve the following goals:
- Raise the second half of a Series A investment
- Increase learning outcomes in schools using Century by 20 percent or more
- Expand operations to the US, additional countries in the Middle East and North Africa, and Southeast Asia regions
To achieve the goals mentioned above, Century seeks partnerships to:
- Effectively share Century’s story via social and global media, as it designs and implements a new branding and marketing strategy
- Find the right distribution partners and investors for Century in the US and beyond
- Measure impact by conducting impact studies with research and academic institutions
Century improves student performance by 30 percent while saving educators six hours a week in administrative tasks.
Lebanon, UAE, UK, India, Belgium, Bahrain, Italy
Personalized Education for All
Solver Century Tech received the $25,000 Teachers & Educators Prize in 2018 to further develop an AI-powered platform that personalizes education and improves learning outcomes.
Personalized Education for All
Solver Century Tech, an AI-powered platform that personalizes education and improves learning outcomes, received a $10,000 grant from Solve in 2018 for being selected as a Teachers & Educators Solver.