Hear the Pitch
In Mexico, traditional employment—a six-day work week earning minimum wage—is often incompatible with student schedules and parent lives, and 30 million Mexicans have no alternative but to work in the informal economy. Meanwhile, companies battle 15 percent monthly staff turnover and 7 percent absenteeism in blue-collar positions, resulting in 1 billion missed days of work per year.
Apli closes this gap by turning one employee’s missed workday into a temporary worker’s new assignment. Apli’s AI-powered platform streamlines the recruiting process, connecting the right candidate to the right opportunity. Candidates register on Apli’s platform, indicate their work experience, and complete online tests. Machine learning models then leverage data from thousands of work assignments completed through Apli, and match workers with opportunities suited to their skills and experience.
Apli uses chatbots with natural language processing to invite candidates, and schedule and coordinate interviews—filling job vacancies in a record 24 hours. This technology can scale to connect millions of people looking for flexible income sources with tens of thousands of businesses.
- In Mexico alone, 8 million people are underemployed and 2 million are unemployed.
- Every year, more than 50 billion work days are lost because companies can’t hire fast enough or because poor candidate profiling leads to high turnover.
- Traditional recruiting takes an average of 52 days to fill a position.
- Expanded Mexican pilot programs to the US for Mexican clients with US-based operations
- Cuts the traditional recruiting timeline from 52 days to a record 24 hours
- Entrepreneurship networks: Seed Stars, IBM Smart Camp, HBS New Venture Competition, NUMA
Apli currently partners with Mexican-based companies to match candidates with work opportunities, such as:
- Cinepolis, the largest movie theater chain in Latin America
- BBVA Bancomer, the largest Mexican financial institution
- Enlight, a leading solar energy provider for homes and small businesses in Mexico
Apli seeks to:
- Work with more corporate clients that need higher volumes of on-demand candidates
- Increase client retention by improving the app’s features for requesting and tracking services, and streamlining customer service
- Improve machine learning models and profiling chatbots to optimize assignment reviews, resulting in higher client and job candidate retention
To reach the goals mentioned above, Apli seeks partnerships to:
- Serve new US-based multinationals with operations in Mexico
- Raise investment from early-stage venture capital funds that work in Latin America or Latin American startups seeking to expand to the US
Matching Workers with Open Vacancies in 24 Hours
Solver Apli, an AI-enabled jobs marketplace matching workers with open vacancies within 24 hours, received a $10,000 grant from Solve in 2018 for being selected as a Work of the Future Solver.