In Indonesia, 24 percent of students drop out of high school, and most dropouts are unemployed or limited to work in the informal sector. Formal sector work is often impossible, since almost all jobs require a high school graduation certificate. Through a digital bootcamp, Ruangguru gives dropped-out youth the resources they need to pass their exams and earn their graduation certificate.
The digital bootcamp provides access to test-prep materials, a dedicated tutor for each subject, and a learning consultant to help students strategize a learning path and plan life after graduation. Students use a group-chat based mentoring system and can access the solution anytime, anywhere.
- Indonesia has over 52 million students and four million teachers in more than 250,000 schools.
- An estimated 650,000 students take university entrance exams each year.
- Delivered services to three million students as of November 2017
- Secured seed (2014), Series A (2015), and Series B (2017) investments
- Completed Google Launchpad Accelerator in 2016
- Recipient of Atlassian Foundation “10 in 10” Partnership Prize
- Recipient of Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Indo-Pacific Development Prize
- Commercialize the digital bootcamp with sensible pricing
- Expand across Indonesia
Ruangguru currently partners with:
- 32 provincial governments in Indonesia
- 305 cities and regencies
- Indonesian Ministry of Education
- State Secretariat and Office of the President of Indonesia
- Partners with private sector and government departments through subsidiaries and support of subscription plans
- Partners with telecom and mobile operators to provide free internet plans for Ruangguru users
- Muhamad Iman Usman Mr Co-Founder/ Chief Product Officer, Ruangguru