Join us for an interactive design thinking workshop focused on helping you unpack problems and create solutions to problems you care about.
Click here to register.
This Solveathon workshop will use human-centered design principles and rapid ideation to generate solutions to real-life challenges. Over the course of the workshop, participants will undergo the following stages:
- Frame - understand the contextual background of the challenge
- Build Community - get to know your team while finding common interests in a problem you want to help address
- Map the Challenge Landscape - visualize the system within which the challenge exists
- Ideate – generate innovative ideas and solutions in groups
- Design and Plan for Action – further develop the most promising ideas
- Present – consolidate and present ideas to an audience of participants and mentors
- Reflect – discuss and review takeaways from the workshop and next steps
Participants are eligible to receive $300 in micro-grant funding to further develop their ideas after participating in the workshop.
We welcome a diversity of backgrounds and experience levels. Everyone has their own passions and skills to bring to the table and can build on one another’s ideas. You don’t need to have an idea or be working on a project to participate in this workshop. This is a great opportunity for those who are just getting started. This will also be an opportunity for you to learn how to more effectively co-create and innovate in a virtual space. Come push boundaries with us, gain new insights, and have fun!
This event is for students at Member Organizations ONLY. Please note that if you register, participation is mandatory. If you register and can no longer make it, please email email@example.com as soon as possible.
If you’d like to nominate your school, university, college, or youth-serving organization to join the Solv[ED] Member community, nominate them here.