Global Surgical Training Challenge
How can we create novel, low-cost surgical training modules for surgeons and surgical trainees in resource-constrained settings?
What's a Solveathon?
A Solveathon is a virtual, high-energy workshop designed to build teams and strengthen projects for the Global Surgical Training Challenge.
During these Solveathon workshops, you will:
- Connect with professionals who are interested in surgical training
- Further your understanding of the Challenge and requirements to compete
- Build or expand your project team
- Refine your project through facilitated design thinking activities developed by MIT Solve
- Learn to compile a skills assessment framework
MIT Solve is hosting Solveathon workshops in five regions globally starting in July 2020. Each region will have three activities: online networking, a Team Building Solveathon, and a Refinement Solveathon.
Want to network with fellow surgical training professionals? Join our Slack workspace to chat about your project with people from around the world, and in your region. You’ll also post your project idea on MIT Solve’s open innovation platform to describe your work to others. Register below for a workshop to join our Slack workplace.
Team Building Solveathon
Have an idea but need a team? Join a virtual Team Building Solveathon to network with multi-disciplinary professionals in your region. This workshop is recommended for early-stage projects.
Want to improve your project idea? Join a virtual Refinement Solveathon to improve your project idea through a series of human centered design activities. You’ll also get feedback on your project idea from technical experts.
Register for Solveathon Workshops
Below are the regions in which Solveathon Workshops will occur. Participants should join the workshop region that is most relevant to their work or in a convenient time zone.
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Latin America & the Caribbean
- Eastern Europe + Middle East & North Africa
- South Asia
- Refinement Solveathon | Saturday, October 3 at 5-8pm Maldives Time
- East Asia & Pacific