2018 Mission Billion Challenge
How can digital identification systems in developing countries be better designed or adapted to protect people’s privacy and empower them with greater control over their personal data?
Submissions are Closed
Head, ICT Applications & Cybersecurity, International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Independent Identity Standards Expert, former Technical Architect of GOV.UK Verify, contributor to the eIDAS Regulation regarding cross-border eID in the EU
Senior fellow, Center for Global Development, Former World Bank Chief Economist for Africa
Volunteer at iSPIRT, Former Chief Product Manager, Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
Identity and Biometric Expert , Chief Executive of the European Association for Biometrics (EAB)
Solutions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Alignment: The solution addresses the challenge that has been set forth.
- Context Appropriateness: The solution takes into account the context of developing countries, including low to no connectivity in some areas and little formal technical training among individuals, as well as low literacy and numeracy levels.
- Scalability and Ease of Use: The solution can easily be scaled to affect the lives of millions of people.
- Feasibility: It is feasible to implement the solution, and the team has a plan for the solution to sustain itself after implementation.
- Innovative Approach: This is a new technology, a new application of a technology, or a new process for solving the challenge.
Submit a Solution